If you are interested in competing or just getting into shape with our motivating boxing/fitness classes then check us out! Peak provides a great atmosphere, without any pressure, or "gym-timidation".
Do you want to start boxing, so that you can compete in the amateur boxing ranks?
At Peak Performance & Athletics we will teach you the fundamentals of Olympic style boxing. It is where all aspects of boxing are combined and used in a variety of drills. Every practice is structured to include the importance of footwork, punches, combinations and defense, and the ability to put it all together. We teach, beginner classes and advance class which will help you lose weight and become a better athlete and improve self-confidence. We also do "one on one" for those members that want to get full attention of the trainer in the journey to hit personal goals whether it be weight loss or to help you get an edge on the competition.
MANDITORY PRE CLASS BOOKING: (EVERY CLASS!!)
Effective Jan 1st, 2019 All participants must be registered with the MINDBODY Software. (before showing up to classes)
- You can download the app using your smartphone. The App is called “Mindbody” and can be found in your app store.
- You can call/text ahead (must be 1 hour before class times, and 12 hours before “Morning Boxing” class time)
- Book online https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/mainclass
- Go to our website and book online peakperformanceandathletics.ca
If you are unable to book into a class, please contact an instructor or Peak staff member. If you do not book you cannot participate in class.
once you have booked in a class, you can check yourself in using the same Mindbody App.
CLASSES (Schedule is available at online or on the MINDBODY app
- Boxing Fun-damentals (ages 9+):
- This class is important for general athletic development. The focus must be on fundamental motor skills (agility, balance, coordination, quickness, speed, etc.) as well as on developing basic sport skills (running, throwing, catching, gliding, spatial-awareness, etc.) This class is for ages 9+
- Boxing Tech 1 (12+):
- Peak Performance’s Technical 1 Boxing class will introduce the participants to various developmental aspects of boxing specific skills. The class is increasingly challenging, yet carefully selected competitive experiences will be provided. The volume, training intensity will increase progressively throughout the program. Boxers can expect to learn more advanced fundamentals, they will also be introduced to defensive situations, and more advanced combinations.
- Boxing Tech 2 (14+):
- Boxing Technique 2 class is an advanced version of our Tech 1 (Boxing technique 1) class. This class is focused on developing the competitive attitude, mental skills that are required to perform at higher levels of competition. This program is highly specialized to everyone.
As this is one of our most advanced programs.
- have a strong training background (be ready to work!)
- have completed tech 1 or be on the competition team
- have their own equipment (helmet, mouth guard, wraps, gloves, etc.)
- be registered with Boxing Manitoba (see coach/office for details)
- Combat Boot Camp:
- This Cardio focused Boxing/Fitness class is an excellent way to develop great cardiovascular endurance. Boxing is considered by many to be one of the best exercises because of its ability to help condition the entire body in one workout. This sport improves the cardiovascular and endurance fitness of its participants by providing a high-intensity, calorie-burning routine that promotes optimal physical fitness. To participate in a boxing routine, you will need proper equipment, proper technique and a planned routine.
- Learn to Box:
- This class will emphasize on developing basic boxing skills.
- Learn basic boxing skills (punches, stance, basic footwork)
- Use learned skills by hitting heavy bags and hand pads
- Learn punching, defensive techniques
- Hand Eye Coordination
- Great physical activity by having fun
- EXCELLENT CROSS TRAINING FOR ALL SPORTS
- This class will emphasize on developing basic boxing skills.
JUNIOR BOXING is recommended for 5-9 YEAR OLDS
Lunchtime & Morning Boxing:
45-minute quick boxing training session. Sessions and drills are modified to each individual.
Woman’s Only Boxing:
This is a great class for woman to focus on skills, conditioning or anything boxing. In a woman only, environment.
PEAK BOXING TEAM
Peak Performance prides itself on the success of our boxers and coaches. Boxing is a tough sport and requires skill, strength and stamina (as Floyd Mayweather says “boxing requires Hard work, Dedication, and a good team”)
- Team training/events are not optional.
- You must compete 4 times a year
- Jr. Athletes must be in good standing with school, academics and parents/guardians.
- You must be willing to commit 8+ hours a week to training (this includes classes)
- Follow your fitness programs/diets outside of class
Open Gym/ Optional Team Training:
Open training allows you access to the club. Athletes can train and practice the skills learned during the previous weeks. Support and work with other teammates.
Sparring/Fitness Testing/Mandatory Team Training:
This is not optional for Boxing Team members or athletes looking to be on the competition team.
Prices & Services:
Prices further explained (General memberships $55-$75 a month ONLY INCLUDE 1 CLASS A MONTH)
All BOXING memberships include:
- 24-hour access
- towel service
- free tanning
- a boxing Strength & Conditioning (Fitness) program
- Fitness Testing/ Tracking
- Boxing coaching and support (fight team)
- Free access to Peak Boxing Events
- Unlimited Boxing Classes
- Discounts on Boxing Equipment.
- Sparring (for those that are registered) *Speak with coaches*
- Equipment Rentals
Additional Services (Additional Costs):
- Hand Pads (outside classes)
- 1 on 1 training (have a trainer all to yourself, booked at your convenience)
- Diets and additional training programs
- Fight Camps
- Equipment Rentals
Length / Type
Description / Discounts
(no membership needed)
Military / Student / Senior Prices
$200 (Per month)
Diet / Programming
1 on 1 training
Our Boxing Trainers
Roddy "The Bat" Batson - Former top ranked amateur and professional champion. Roddy oversees Peak Performance's boxing program. Roddy has competed and trained with such notables as Donny Lalonde, Jordin Tootoo, Chris Cloud, Alex Plante. Roddy has a vast background of experience in coaching and was recognized in 2002 for his coaching excellence; awarded the Aboriginal National and Provincial Coach of the year for boxing.
- Won National Coach of the year in 2002
- Won Canada Summer Games
- Retired Professional Boxer
- Formerly ranked # 1 in Canada
- Masters in Education
Mike Frederickson - Head Coach/ Matchmaker
Mike Frederickson is a NCCP level 3 coach, Mike has trained Amateur and Professional boxers for 11 years. Mike has trained a few Canadian National Boxing Team members; 2011 Canadian National Champ Natasha Armstrong, 2 time Ringside World Champion Isaiah Hayden. He has also trained multiple provincial champions, Tj Flett, Colton Easter, and some professional fighters; Curtis Demarce, Noel Harding and Rodman Batson.
Rodman Batson - Professional Boxer / Head Coach
Rodman has been involved with the sport of boxing for over 20 years. He started learning the fundamentals of boxing at a very young age and began competing at the age of 14. Rodman has captured multiple amateur Provincial Titles, as well as a North American Indigenous Games Gold Medal, He was a Semi-Finalist at The Ringside World Boxing Championship 2016, and has won a Golden and Silver Gloves championships. Rodman turned Pro in 2017 and is currently undefeated as a professional. Some of Rodman’s coaching experience and credentials:
- I have coached 7 Provincial champions
- 10-1 as professional coach
- ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
- ISSA Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- NCCP Level 2 Boxing Coach
- Professional Boxer
- Asst. Coach Team Manitoba 2019 Canada Winter Games
- Studied Physical Education at Brandon University
Ryker Batson - Boxing Instructor/Conditioning Coach
Ryker has a passion for training and improving his clients overall health and wellness. He also excels in teaching advanced boxing techniques and strategies. He is also regarded as one of Peak Performances top conditioning coaches (and athlete) .
Here are some of Ryker’s experiences and credentials : Ryker comes from a family of boxers and he has over 10 years of involvement in boxing. Ryker has been competing for the past 4 years, in this time he has become a 2x provincial champion (2017,2018);. He is currently in his 3rd year, of a bachelor of Physical Education at Brandon University. He also holds an ISSA training Certificate.
TJ Flett – Boxing Coach / Fitness & Bootcamp Instructor
TJ at a young age excelled at sports. He was scouted by Major League Baseball teams during his high school baseball career. When he turned 18 he developed a passion for boxing. 11 years later, he would become a 3x time provincial champion. TJ is known for his high energy and fun filled classes.
- Competed in North American Indigenous Games
- ISSA Fitness Trainer
- He is a level 1 NCCP Boxing coach.
Batson Boxing Team is a division of Peak performance and a proud Member of Manitoba Amateur Boxing Association